Welcome to my personal website. I am a consumer protection attorney with Baxter & Baxter, LLP in Portland, Oregon. I am licensed in Oregon and Washington, and I handle cases in all 50 states. I am a trial lawyer, and I have had the good fortune to tell my clients’ stories to state and federal juries during my career. To visit my law firm’s website, click here.
I handle a variety of consumer rights cases, but my focus is on Fair Credit Reporting Act cases. I also handle Fair Debt Collection Practices Act cases and Telephone Consumer Protection Act cases.
- In 2007, I obtained a $200,000 verdict against Equifax for violations of the Fair Credit Reporting Act.*
- In 2010, I obtained a $95,000 verdict against TRS Home Furnishings for violations of the Oregon Unlawful Debt Collection Practices Act and related claims.
- In 2010, I obtained a $100,000 verdict in a Fair Debt Collection Practices Act case.
- In 2013, I obtained a verdict against Equifax for $18.5 million for violations of the Fair Credit Reporting Act.
- In 2016, I obtained a verdict against JP Morgan Chase Bank for $190,000 for violations of the Fair Credit Reporting Act.
If you’re a consumer with a story that needs to be told, give me a call or send me an email. I also co-counsel with other great attorneys, offer consulting, and provide expert testimony. I look forward to hearing from you.
*Verdicts not intended to be representative.