I have been a member of the Oregon State Bar since 1999, and a member of the Washington State Bar Association since 2007. I received my J.D. from the Northwestern School of Law of Lewis & Clark College, where I was an associate editor on the Journal of Small and Emerging Business Law. In 2009, I received the prestigious Martindale-Hubbell AV Peer Review Rating ® for legal skill and ethics.
- In 2007, I obtained a $200,000 verdict against Equifax for violations of the Fair Credit Reporting Act.*
- In 2010, I obtained a $95,000 verdict against TRS Home Furnishings for violations of the Oregon Unlawful Debt Collection Practices Act and related claims.
- In 2010, I obtained a $100,000 verdict in a Fair Debt Collection Practices Act case.
- In 2013, I obtained a verdict against Equifax for $18.5 million for violations of the Fair Credit Reporting Act.
- In 2016, I obtained a verdict against JP Morgan Chase Bank for $190,000 for violations of the Fair Credit Reporting Act.
*Verdicts not intended to be representative.
Board of Directors, National Association of Consumer Advocates, 2014 – Current
Co-Chair, Oregon Trial Lawyers Association Consumer Protection Section, 2012
Chair, Oregon State Bar Consumer Law Section, 2005
Member, National Association of Consumer Advocates
Member, Oregon Trial Lawyers Association
Member, Multnomah Bar Association
Fair Credit Reporting Act, Consumer Law in Oregon (Oregon State Bar Continuing Legal Education, 2013)
Fair Credit Reporting Act, Consumer Law in Oregon (Oregon State Bar Continuing Legal Education, 2005)
Cause of Action for Credit Reporting Agency’s Reporting Inaccurate or Incomplete Credit Information, 18 Causes of Action (Second) 1 (West Group, 2002)